Saturday, August 21, 2010

Prostate cancer treatment sex truths played down

Many doctors play down the possible side effects of prostate cancer treatment on men's sex lives, for fear they'll be scared off, a world leader in the field has told an international conference on the Gold Coast.

"It's surprising to me how many men I see after radical prostate surgery who are unaware they will not ejaculate again," he said.

"There has been a bit of a tradition in the field of minimising the side effects and quoting only the best possible results, or talking about partial sexual function as thought it's full sexual function."

Director of the Sloan-Kettering centre's sexual and reproductive medicine program Dr John Mulhall says GPs have a responsibility to educate their patients.

If you have recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and researching your options please read my many resources on this blog. This is why I chose proton therapy to minimize side effects and continue a normal life. You have the same options too. Please feel free to drop me a note at Email Curtis I will answer your questions about this wonderful proton beam treatment for prostate cancer.

Credit for this story can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List