Thursday, February 7, 2013

Five Years after Proton Therapy

Five years ago I was packing and preparing for the start of my proton journey.    45 sessions of proton therapy and 2.5 months duration seems like a blink of time today.   My recent PSA came in at .61 Now Five years of no side effects and and kicked the cancer in the rear.   My story started when I was 53 years old with a PSA that had tripled in 8 months to a high of 5.8...you can read my start of prostate cancer journey here. I was lucky to discover the cancer early and move on it. The proton beam spared me so much from side effects, and now, what great peace of mind to see this new low number. I feel great never lost any functions, sexuality and never suffered through the treatment and recovery process. How amazing is that.!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List